After checking up on a couple blogs and coming across A Crown of Thistles, I decided it was time to close up shop here at Eating Chicken Vindaloo. The inDefatiguable mjenks had the right idea. It's time to close shop here and take a new direction in the blogosphere. Facebook has deeply cut into the blogging world. I've met quite a few like-minded people here on the ol' interwebs, and many of you are Facebook friends with me now, which is awesome, because now I can mock you there daily without the "trouble" of going from website to website.
Here are some of my most proud accomplishments at ECV.
- First off, I pretty much got Obama elected. He was clearly taking his cues from my keen political insights.
- I won numerous Caption Contests over at Lots Better Then Your Blog. And when I didn't win, I was clearly the people's champion. My favorite was my entry for a photo taken of a bunch of costumed losers at a comic book convention. It said, "Like a kid in a candy store, Falwless knew she wasn't going home alone tonight!" Coincidently, Falwless stopped the Caption Contest when most of my entries mocked her.
- Judge Judy and the Geico Caveman commercials are now universally recognized as the best TV show and commercials. By a mile.
- The Yankees are World Champs. UNC is the NCAA Men's basketball champs and their football team has been to 2 bowl games. The 12 Shades of Awesome Two Time Reigning NFC West Champion Arizona Cardinals, Probably the Greatest Team Ever Assembled - EVER! has been to the Super Bowl (if I'm being honest, I still don't know how that happened), and they've made the playoffs 2 consecutive years.
- I have made those who read my blog cooler and edgier with my incredible musical critiques, although I wash my hands with Red. I mean, come on, I can't perform miracles.
- The contestant I rooted for on American Idol successfully released a historical debut album, universally recognized as one of the greatest debuts of all time.
- Pretty much all the other good blogs out there are by bloggers who have basically stolen everything they do good from me.
- I completely fooled all of you with my "Guest Postings"! Ha! Those were written by me all along! Don't you feel foolish now?
This doesn't mean the end of blogging for me though. I plan on being better about getting postings up at my other 2 neglected blogs. I've already got 3 or 4 good ideas for postings at the West Point Skateboard Gang blog, so check in there if it interests you. And I still plan on stopping by your place to harass you every now and again.
See you around.